Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Fear of posting

I have to admit, I'm a little bit paranoid when it comes to publishing information about myself online. Some would say it's nonsense, and others would see it as a legitimate cause of concern. Since I'm into datamining and Computer Science in general, I'm aware that employers are starting to collect online information about candidates during the interview process. Even on a public blog people tend to publish personal information, and this clashes with the mask that they put on when they go into an interview.

When I think about this newfound way of getting information about potential and current employees I automatically ask myself if you can ascertain somebody's work potential by reading a personal blog. Come to think of it, if I would be the one doing the interviews I would probably try to google the candidates, but I would not judge them from a personal point of view.

Excuse the babbling, it's late.

No comments: