Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hi.

My name is Ovi and I am originally from Targu Mures, which is located in Transylvania, a region of Romania which probably reminds you of Dracula. I am 21, in a relationship with a beautiful and intelligent woman, and I'm currently a sophomore studying IT at INHOLLAND University, Amsterdam.

The IT department at INHOLLAND is small and I love it because all the students and teachers know each other. It's actually kind of a school in a school, because it doesn't have much in common with the rest of INHOLLAND (and trust me, that's a good thing). The program contains a lot of Cisco (CCNA, CCNP and Cisco Wireless), programming (more Java, C, ASP/C#), and Math (Calculus, Discrete Math, Signals). When I will graduate (hopefully earlier than expected) I will earn a Bachelor of Engineering degree.

I have been working with computers since I was in the 2nd grade. I usually wake up and go to sleep in front of a computer. I have a tendency to do a lot of extracurricular stuff as I find working on real projects the best way to learn Computer Science. So if you want to know what I know, don't necessarily look at what I do in school (but more on my projects later). My main interests are datamining, , Linux and (more recently) networking and security. I also have a vast experience in PHP (5+ years), and I'm busy studying semi-advanced Java.

My astrological sign is Aquarius and I am left handed and disorganized (strangely I find this an asset, as it stimulates my imagination). I love music of all kinds, but especially oldies. I hope to have enough time to learn how to play piano soon. I also like movies in general (and SciFi, decent comedies and French movies in particular).

I don't know exactly what you'll find on this blog. I guess it depends on my mood. But I will probably write a combination of technical posts, personal opinions on life, and (if I really start to study for the GRE exam), English words and essays.

No comments: